Peer-reviewed Publications Authored & Co-Authored By Sidney Shema
- 2022. The African Bird Atlas Project: a description of the project and BirdMap data-collection protocol, Ostrich,
- James E. Bradley, Donald A. Turner, Thibaut Chansac, Sidney Shema, Brian Finch. 2022. Field characters, taxonomy and distribution of the ‘buff-bellied’ forms of the Grey Penduline Tit Anthoscopus caroli (Sharpe) in East Africa. Scopus 42 (2): 23-37. Read Here
- Alan Tristram Kenneth Lee, Ulf Ottosson, Colin Jackson, Sidney Shema, and Chevonne Reynolds. 2021. Urban areas have lower species richness, but maintain functional diversity: insights from the African Bird Atlas Project. Ostrich. DOI: 10.2989/00306525.2021.1902876. Read Here
- Barlow, C. R., Reading, R. P., Shema, S., Maude, G. 2020. Homogeneity in cranial biometrics and bill morphology is verified by measurements from The Gambia, Botswana and Kenya in the case of the putative sub-species of the highly commensal Hooded Vulture Necrosyrtes monachus monachus and non-commensal Necrosyrtes monachus pileatus. Vulture News 78 (1). Read Here
- Sidney Shema. 2019. Current status of diurnal breeding raptors in the greater Athi-Kaputiei Ecosystem, southern Kenya: an assessment of abundance, distribution and key areas in need of conservation. Scopus 39 (1): 44-59. Read Here
- Sidney Shema and Peter Njoroge. 2018. Desert Wheatear Oenanthe deserti at Lake Turkana – the fourth record of the species for Kenya. Scopus 38 (2): 18. Read Here
Learn about Africa's amazing birds from our Birds of Africa blog.
To hire Sidney Shema's services for your birding tour, bird research, or other bird project, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find special gifts for birders in our Gift Shop.